Publisher’s Guide to Jellybooks DISCOVERY
peek-inside book samples for better book discovery
Top Ten Benefits and Features of the Jellybooks DISCOVERY service for publishers
1 - Boost Your Book Sales
Product pages with book samples, excerpts or snippets that give readers the option to look inside the book make it more likely that user will buy the book.
2 - Support a Diverse Retail Ecosystem
Jellybooks DISCOVERY offers a best-in-class digital service for local, regional and national booksellers providing access to digital samples for online marketing and web pages, with look-inside and in-store QR-code functionality.
3 - Improved Visibility across Trade Channels
Improve visibility and discoverability of your titles at independent and chain retailers such as Blackwell’s and gain insights into the user journey. A list of participating retailers can be found here.
4 - Ideal for Audience Development and Direct to Consumer Marketing
DISCOVERY is an ideal tool to employ in reader marketing and direct to consumer campaigns. Engage readers more deeply on your website or product pages and use in your email and social media campaigns. All samples have customisable buy buttons pre-populated with links to participating retailers.
5 - Better Author Support
DISCOVERY is easy to use and can be employed by authors to engage their followers with previews on homepages, blogs and as part of their social media outreach. Instead of repeatedly prompting readers to “buy my book”, they can nudge followers into sampling the book, with a buy button to all major retailers discreetly positioned at the end of the sample.
6 - Unified Distribution Platform for Multiple Content Formats
The platform supports multiple formats including narrative, illustrated and audio titles using industry standard content formats: ePUB, ePUB FXL and MP3.
7 - Easy-to-use and Accessible
Jellybooks DISCOVERY is based on the Jellybooks Cloud Reader offering “click & read” access to books. Built for speed to cater to even the most impatient user, the platform is designed for exploring content with ease.
8 - Affordable and Excellent ROI
With prices starting from as low as three pounds per title, publishers can afford to use the DISCOVERY service for their entire front- and backlist. Publishers just need to sell handful of additional copies of a title each year to generate a positive return on investment (ROI).
9 - Cross-industry Solution
Jellybooks DISCOVERY is a cross-industry solution to address the needs of both publishers and retailers.
10 - Support for Accessibility
Jellybooks DISCOVERY supports the needs of a diverse group of users whether sight impaired, dyslexic or other special needs.
Features and Benefits of the DISCOVERY Service
Reader Features and Benefits
- Try before you buy – consumers can explore content before making a purchase.
- One-click access to sample chapters, excerpts and snippets.
- Instant and personal access, similar to playing a YouTube video, where play starts instantly with no files to download, no app to install, and no registration required.
- All the accessibility and user benefits of ePUB including variable fonts and night/day mode, without the drawbacks of static PDF and HTML based excerpts and snippets.
- Browser-based reading system leveraging the Jellybooks Cloud Reader.
- Accessible on any browser-enabled device such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops, Internet kiosks, and similar.
- Supports narrative books (re-flowable ePub), illustrated books (fixed layout ePub) and audiobooks (MP3).
Marketing Benefits of Jellybooks DISCOVERY for Publishers
- Samples, excerpts and snippets boost book sales.
- Improve sales of key titles across participating retailers, both in-store and online.
- Support a diverse retail ecosystem.
- Improve discoverability and demand on your own product pages and across your email and social media marketing efforts.
Workflow Benefits for Publishers
- A single platform to deploy in-house and through retail channels.
- Cloud-based interface supporting remote working.
- API-based content ingestion both direct and via digital asset distributors (Ingram Coresource and others) for large- and medium-sized publishers and a simple, easy-to-upload portal for small and micro publishers.
- An easy-to-use tool for authors to use in their own social media and direct-to-reader activities.
Cost Benefits for Publishers
- A combined solution for in-house and external use.
- Affordable with prices from two to ten pounds per file, depending on tier.
- Highly flexible — use for your entire front-and back-catalogue or just a selection of your lead titles.
- Requires only a small number of incremental sales per year to generate a return-on-investment (ROI).
- No long-term lock-in, flexible agreements based on quarterly or annual contracts.
- Free trial for first ten titles.
Audience Insight Benefits for Publishers
- Track how often samples are being viewed, as well as reader engagement with those samples.
- Check the sampling frequency and conversion effectiveness of your titles.
Jellybooks DISCOVERY Pricing
- £10 per month
- 10 titles included (can be front- or back-list)
- £1 per month for every additional title enrolled
|Monthly service fee||£39||£59||£99||£149||£249||Bespoke|
|Title allowance1||50||100||250||500||1000||> 1000|
|Fee per extra title2||£1||£0.90||£0.80||£0.70||£0.60||TBA|
|1 Basic title allowance includes a maximum of 20% front list – that is titles published in past 24 months.|
|2 The fee is per month - additional allowance purchased can be back or front list.|
Key Terms regarding Jellybooks DISCOVERY
Publishers paying upfront for one year (annual plan) will receive two months free service, i.e. the S Plan is £590 per year and the S Plan with 10 extra titles is £680 per year (£590 + £90).
All plans include retailer and bookshop distribution, use of online samples for publishers own website, SMART links, and an unlimited number of readers.
The number of titles is derived from the number of unique ebook files submitted. If the hardback and paperback are represented by the same file with the same cover then that counts as one single title, but if separate (ebook) files are submitted for hardback and paperback (for example because of a cover change) then this counts as two files.
Samples are distributed from publication date onwards only. For pre-publication distribution use the Jellybooks PREVIEW service instead.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.