Publisher’s Guide to Jellybooks PREVIEW
data-smart book marketing with online excerpts
The Jellybooks PREVIEW platform gives publishers a new way to showcase pre-publication excerpts of narrative books and illustrated books, as well as audiobook snippets.
The Jellybooks PREVIEW service is an ideal platform for publishers to drive pre-orders and improve discoverability through independent retailer and high street bookshop websites and social media. Add PREVIEW samples to your own website and social media too!
Online book excerpts and audiobook snippets are represented and distributed as a links (URLs) which can be viewed, read or listened to in one click thanks to the Jellybooks Cloud Reader.
Publishers can create samples, excerpts and snippets as links in emails, on social media and on websites, as QR codes for print and physical media and as embedded modals (“pop-up” views) on product pages and web sites.
Top 10 Features and Publisher Benefits of the Jellybooks PREVIEW platform
1 - Engage consumers in the run up to publication
Jellybooks PREVIEW is an easy way to stimulate interest, engage readers, and generate pre-orders. Sample, snippets and excerpts work especially well where the content pulls readers into the book and leaves them wanting more.
2 - Great reader experience
Readers can access and start reading Jellybooks PREVIEW samples with a single click. The Jellybooks Cloud Reader is built for speed and designed for exploring content online with ease.
3 - Boost pre-orders across independent retailers and high-street bookshops
PREVIEW samples are distributed by Jellybooks to participating retailers who feature them on their pre-order and product pages as well as in their social media feed.
4 - Versatile use
Excerpts and snippets can be distributed as links in emails and newsletters, on social media and any online setting. They can also be used as QR codes for printed point-of-sale (POS) material, including bookmarks, posters, decals, roundels and as embedded modals (‘pop-up’ views) on product pages, blogs, and reviews sites.
5 - Use Preview sample links to engage media, book trade and bloggers prepublication
Links can be featured in press releases and in print and online reviews.
6 - Create and grow author-specific email list with gated samples
The platform also offers the option of “gated samples” where users have to enter their email address to unlock further content. Ideal for growing dedicated mailing lists for each author and genre.
7 - Multi-format support
The Jellybooks Cloud Reader is a full-fledged ePub reader for narrative content (re-flowable ePub), illustrated books (in fixed-layout/FXL ePub), including children’s books, and a MP3 player for audiobooks.
8 - Create samples of custom length
The Jellybooks Candy dashboard provides a simple and intuitive ePub editor for creating samples of custom length and setting landing page, sample end and where applicable sample gate.
9 - Engagement data
For PREVIEW samples Jellybooks also provides detailed data per title, channels and URL on unique open numbers, reading times (2+ minutes, 5+ minutes, 10+ minutes), links and buy buttons that were clicked as well as the geographic location of readers.
10 - Save on printed sampler costs
Later in 2021, there will also be the capability to create a “sampler” collection from a combination of PREVIEW samples.
Features exclusively available through Jellybooks PREVIEW
Distribution prior to publication date
With Jellybooks PREVIEW publishers can use all the features and benefits of the Jellybooks Cloud Reader, prior to publication date and include samples in the Jellybooks retailer distribution, as well.
Samples and excerpts distributed through our Jellybooks DISCOVERY service are distributed from publication date onwards.
With Jellybooks PREVIEW, publishers can use the Jellybooks ePub editor to create samples of custom length. In contrast, Jellybooks DISCOVERY samples have a fixed size and length and are generated through a fully automated process.
Gated samples are only available with Jellybooks PREVIEW.
Detailed engagement analytics
Jellybooks PREVIEW provides detailed data and insights for each title allowing real-time analysis of how each URL or channel is performing.
If you still have any questions, get in touch with us here: Contact us
All Benefits and Features of Jellybooks PREVIEW
Reader Features and Benefits
- Try before you buy – readers can explore content and pre-order with confidence.
- One-click access to sample chapters, excerpts and snippets.
- Instant and personal access, similar to playing a YouTube video, where play starts instantly with no files to download, no app to install, and no registration required.
- All the accessibility and user benefits of ePUB including variable fonts and night/day mode, without the drawbacks of static PDF and HTML based excerpts and snippets.
- Browser-based reading system leveraging the Jellybooks Cloud Reader.
- Accessible on any browser-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops, Internet kiosks, and similar.
- Supports narrative books (re-flowable EPUB), illustrated books (fixed layout EPUB) and audiobooks (MP3).
Marketing Benefits of Jellybooks PREVIEW for Publishers
- Boost pre-orders with pre-publication samples, excerpts and snippets.
- Give retailers more content in the run up to publication and support a more diverse retail ecosystem.
- Enhance discoverability and demand by using on your own product pages and across your email and social media marketing.
- The easy-to-use link is ideal for authors to use in their own social media and direct-to-reader activities in the run up to publication.
Workflow Benefits for Publishers
- A single platform to deploy in-house and through retail channels.
- A cloud-based interface supports remote working.
Cost Benefits for Publishers
- A combined solution for in-house and external use
- Affordable with pricing starting at £70 per title.
Environmental Benefits for Publishers
- Reduce the costs of printing and distributing physical samplers and blads.
Audience Insight Benefits for Publishers
- Track how often samples are being viewed and the number of buy clicks.
Jellybooks PREVIEW Pricing
This plan is designed for publishers who wish to distribute title prior to publication date or who need detailed distribution and engagement analytics for their samples.
- £50 per month
- 5 titles included
- £10 per month for every additional title enrolled
The minimum contract length is three months after which the contract renews monthly unless cancelled.
Publishers paying upfront for one year (annual plan) will receive two months free service, i.e. instead of paying £50 per month the fee is £500 per year.
Special value plans available for publishers requiring support for ten or more titles. Please contact us for details.
All plans include retailer and bookshop distribution through our DISCOVERY platform, use of online samples for publishers own website, SMART links, and an unlimited number of readers, as well as access to the sample generator for bespoke samples and our analytics dashboard.
After publication date, titles can be transferred to the cheaper DISCOVERY plan at any time, if detailed analytics are not required.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Jellybooks is an associate member of the following industry associations:
The Jellybooks DISCOVERY service was developed with financial support from Innovate UK and Arts Council England.