Publisher’s Guide to Jellybooks ARC
safe and environmentally friendly distribution of online review copies
Top Ten Benefits and Features of the ARC online review copy access service
1 - Affordable and Multi-format
With prices starting from as low as twenty pounds per title, publishers can afford to use this service across their entire front list of narrative books, illustrated books and audiobooks.
2 - Easy-to use and accessible
The service is easy-to-use with one-click-and-read access for reviewers, bloggers, influencers, bookshops and the book trade. Review copies, proofs and galleys are accessible with a single click via the Jellybooks Cloud Reader and can be read on any browser-enabled device, be it smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC.
3 - Secure
Jellybooks ensures secure distribution with no possibility of files being downloaded or printed. Access for readers expires automatically after 90 days, eliminating the risk of physical review copies being sold online as well as on second-hand book sites and cutting into future sales.
4 - Cost Savings
Major savings can be achieved in postage and printing costs when using the ARC service compared to distributing physical copies of proofs to reviewers.
5 - Ideal for Remote Working
The ARC service is ideal for publicity, marketing, sales and editorial teams working remotely. No risk of ever running out of review copies again!
6 - Time Saver
Have Jellybooks nudge those laggards who haven’t started or finished their review copy or online proof yet!
7 - Audience Insights
Develop detailed audience insights as to whether your review copies and proofs are actually opened, read, finished and reviewed by recipients.
8 - Early Campaign Planning
Great for securing advance quotes, reader blurbs, peer recommendations and more.
9 - Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly
Be friendlier to the environment by reducing physical printing and distribution and avoiding unnecessary waste using ARC.
10 - Intuitive Reading Experience for End Users
All the accessibility and user benefits of ePUB including variable fonts, night/day mode, bookmarking, highlighting and more.
Features and Benefits of the ARC Service
Reader Features and Benefits
- One click access for readers.
- Superior user experiencecompared to PDF-based galleys.
- Instant and personal access, similar to playing a YouTube video, where play starts instantly with no files to download, no app to install, and no registration required.
- All the accessibility and user benefits of ePUB including variable fonts and night/day mode, without the drawbacks of static PDF and HTML based excerpts and snippets.
- Browser-based reading system leveraging the Jellybooks Cloud Reader.
- Accessible on any browser-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, laptops, Internet kiosks, and similar.
- Supports narrative books (re-flowable EPUB), illustrated books (fixed layout EPUB) and audiobooks (MP3).
- Use in conjunction with the Jellybooks sister service – Jellybooks PREVIEW – for driving pre-publication consumer awareness and pre-orders with super-sized (XL) samples, excerpts and audio snippets.
Marketing Benefits for Publishers
- Reviews are critical to sales; ARC can help you secure more reviews.
- Enjoy the benefits of digital review copy distribution for all your titles and integrate into your existing print and digital review copy distribution systems. Especially useful when other routes might not be cost effective or affordable.
- Widen the reach of your existing proof mailings and create bespoke distributions for each title by leveraging contacts right across the business.
- Provide instant access review copies to booksellers, media and other contacts across international markets, including the major English language markets such as the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, India and South Africa.
- The ARC service is also a great service for collecting quotes, blurbs and recommendations.
- Avoid advance reading and review copies (in print) showing up on second-hand book sites and claiming the Amazon buy box.
Workflow Features and Benefits for Publishers
- Cloud-based access to the platform for publishing team members working remotely.
- Low cost makes it affordable to distribute digital review copies more widely for any front-list title.
- Detailed reading and engagement analytics system supports an automated and personalised system of nudging reader to read and review the proofs and galleys.
- Fully automated nudge system for reminding users to start, read, finish and review copies they have received.
- Reader access is terminated automatically after 90 days.
- A more environmentally sustainable way of working.
- Send samples to users using the sister service – Jellybooks PREVIEW – in cases where requesters do not qualify for review copies.
Cost Benefits for Publishers
- Reduce the postage and printing cost of creating and distributing physical review copies.
- Save staff time spent hunting for review copies and posting them.
- Lower costs when compared to other digital review copy services, especially if your main focus is on reaching out to contacts you already know.
Environmental Benefits for Publishers
- Eliminate the waste of printing and shipping unrequested review copies to book sellers by introducing a request-only system with immediate approval and access.
- Reduce the waste of printing and distributing physical review copies by sending physical copies only when absolutely necessary.
Audience Insight Benefits for Publishers
- Track which books are opened, read, finished and reviewed.
- Collect insights into how recipients rate content, cover and description.