We are currently recruiting!
Ruby on Rails developer
We are a multinational team, passionate about books and how people read. We seek to hire a full-time Ruby on Rails developer with good front-end skills. Jellybooks is a remote-first company: the team meets roughly six to ten times per year for one-day sprint meetings in London. In between we have weekly Skype calls. You do not need to be based in London or the UK as long as you can easily travel to London (no more than 2-4 hours flight distance) and collaborate in both written and spoken English. You thrive in a startup environment focused on innovation, rapid change, and delighting both readers and publishers alike.
Your role will be to work on all areas of the Jellybooks Ruby-on-Rails web-application: developing new features and maintaining existing code. You will be working directly with the Lead Developer.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby-on-Rails and experience building robust web-applications.
- Good knowledge of security and reliability practices
- Write clean, testable code; use automated testing frameworks (RSpec/MiniTest)
- Good relational database knowledge, especially MySQL
- Good understanding of Linux.
- Able to communicate clearly and appropriately with team-members.
Nice to have:
- Experience with visualisation software, especially using D3
- Interacting with microservices
- Interacting with 3rd party REST APIs
Email your CV to email@example.com. Please include a link to your github profile (or equivalent) with notes about what work best shows off your competence. Indicate your compensation requirements and availability. We are also willing to consider candidates who wish to work somewhat less than full-time. Head hunters will be ignored.
You should have the right to live and work in Europe (so that we can legally pay you). You should also live within a 2-4 hour flight of London (so that attending sprint meetings are possible).
Jellybooks is pioneering the field of reader analytics. We help publishers (and authors) better understand their readers and help them present the right books to the right readers. We are the leading company for collecting, analysing, visualising, and interpreting reading data for book publishers. Our clients include Penguin Random House, Droemer Knaur, Ulstein, Lindhardt & Ringhof, Pan Macmillan, Simon & Schuster and other major publishers across the UK, US, Germany, France, Spain and Latin America.