Privacyterms of service privacy cookies
The Services are operated by Jellybooks Ltd a company registered in England (company registration no. 7503460) whose registered office is at 19 Villa Road, London SW9 7ND, United Kingdom (“we”, “us”). For the purposes of Data Protection Act, we are the data controller of any information received from or in connection with the Services.
If you have any requests concerning our use of your personal information or any queries with regard to our privacy practices, then please contact us at email@example.com.
Information that we collect
The information we collect about you when you access or otherwise use the Services falls into the following three categories:
Personal information you provide
We collect personal information from users of the Services through the use of on-line forms (for example when you register to create an account in order to participate in our community or download a complimentary Advance Reader Copy), add books to your shelf, download or sign up to receive a Service and every time you e-mail us your details. The personal information you provide to us directly or through 3rd party social networks such as Twitter or Facebook may include:
- Your name and email address.
- Demographic information such as birth date, gender and country of residence.
- Information on your reading behaviour, which may be used to better understand you and your reading preferences
- A record of any correspondence between you and us (such as customer enquiry e-mails).
You may use the Services without creating an account and providing your personal information to us. However, if you choose not to create an account you may not be able to use the Services to their fullest extent. For example, you will be unable to create your own personal cloud library, you will be unable to download ebooks and ebook samples and you will be unable to share ebook samples.
Personal usage information collected
We also collect personal usage information automatically from your computer or other device (e.g. a mobile telephone, tablet or eReader) which does not enable you to be personally identified.
When you use the Services, our web servers and software may automatically collect certain information from your computer or device that enables us to better understand you as a user of the Services (for example, the web browser you use and the pages that interest you, as well as whether you coplete a book chapter and at what speed you read it) and to help us enhance your experience of the Services. The information collected automatically from your computer or device may include:
- Information from cookies. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. The cookies may be either:
- our own ‘first party’ cookies, which are used to identify you when you use the Services, keep track of your browsing patterns, build up a demographic profile, personalise the Services and for the purpose of maintaining account log-ins and settings; or
- Your IP address, which is the unique address of your computer or device and which is automatically provided when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email. This enables us to deliver the Services you have requested. We may also use your IP address for the purpose of aggregate statistics reporting.
- Information about the type of web browser you are using (for example Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari). This helps us to deliver the Services in a way that is most compatible with your particular software.
Information provided by third parties
The Services may allow you to pull certain information from, and share certain information through, any third party social networking accounts you have, such as accounts with Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest (such as information about the books or authors that you like).
In order to do so, we will require access to some of your personal information stored on these sites. However we will only access personal information you hold on third party social networking sites where you have instructed us to do so, and in accordance with the privacy permissions you have set with those third party sites to enable them to share your personal information.
If you instruct us to access personal information held with a third party social networking site, please note that your personal information held with that social networking site may become visible and accessible to other users of the Services. Similarly, depending on the privacy settings you have chosen with the third party social networking site, your use of the Services may be posted to, and become visible to other users of, that third party network site.
Please note that it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings with each third party social networking site that you instruct us to access, and we recommend that you check these before instructing us to access your personal information on any such third party social networking site.
Use of your personal information
We process personal information collected via your use of the Services for the purposes of:
- Providing, improving, promoting and personalising the Services;
- Dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- Administering your account, including maintaining your shelf and online preferences;
- Contacting you by email, in-app message, Twitter or Facebook with information and news about new books, services, special offers and events that we think may interest you, provided that this in accordance with your expressed preferences. You can manage your marketing preferences through the “My Settings” page; and
By providing us with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, for example any notices required by law and/or emails about books and other users we think you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive such emails you must not register for an account with us.
We also use certain aggregate information about our visitors to the Website and/or users of the other Services (so that no individuals are identified) to measure the effectiveness of Website content the Services, to keep track of users’ browsing patterns, to build up a demographic profile of our users, and to gather statistical information about visitors to the Website for analytical and strategic development purposes.
If you purchase ebooks through the Website, your payment information will only be used to check that it is a valid method of payment and to process your payment. No payment information is kept by us or our billing provider other than to facilitate the provision of the Services to you (for example, storing your credit or debit card number for quick payment). You will always be able to remove any such stored payment details.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Other users. Your public comments from Twitter and Facebook may be also visible On Jellybooks to friends and followers.
- Successors in title to our business or as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or re-organisation of Jellybooks Ltd or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
- Suppliers and services providers we engage to process data on our behalf,; or
- Where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory requirement to which we are subject or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party, to a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other applicable authority.
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you (which may be subject to a fee specified by law). You also have the right to request that we update or delete any incorrect or out-of-date personal information we hold about you, and to opt out of any marketing communications we send to you (even if you previously consented to receive them).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org